©2009-2010 Christina and Eric        Wedding Photos
   About Us        Wedding Details        Directions        Registry        Bridal Party         Family        Contact Us        Home

Wedding Information:

St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church

Tampa, Florida
June 20, 2009
4:00 PM

www.saintandrewstampa.org

Reception Information:

Henry B. Plant Museum
("Old Tampa Bay Hotel")

In the Grand Salon
Immediately following the ceremony

www.plantmuseum.com

Accommodations

 Hyatt Regency Downtown Tampa
 211 North Tampa Street
 Tampa, FL 33602
 Hotel Phone: 813-225-1234
 Reservations: 1-800-233-1234
 www.hyattregencytampa.com

 Ask for the Holcombe/Lopresto Wedding
 Rate: $99 for Single/Double Occupancy

The Westin Tampa Harbour Island
725 South Harbour Island Blvd.
813-229-5000
Approximately $100-110/night

Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
700 South Florida Ave.
813-221-4900 or 1-888-268-1616
Approximately $160-170/night

Courtyard Tampa Downtown
102 E Cass St.
813-229-1100
Approximately $100/night

Quorum Hotel Tampa
700 North Westshore Blvd.
1-813-289-8200
Approximately $80-90/night

History of the Henry B. Plant Museum

The Henry B. Plant Museum is housed in the 1891 Tampa Bay Hotel, now a National Historic Landmark and home to The University of Tampa. During the 1880's, Henry Bradley Plant was building an empire of railroads, steamships and hotels. The hotel was financed by Plant personally, not investors, at a cost of $2,500,000 and an additional $500,000 was spent for furnishings. It took two years to build, covered six acres and was one-quarter mile long. The 511 rooms were the first in Florida to be electrified. Advertised as completely fireproof, the structure is built of poured concrete reinforced with steel rails and cables in between floors. The building featured all of the latest luxuries including a billiard room, barbershop, shoeshine service, beauty shop, flower shop, telegraph office, formal dining room, Grand Salon, Music Room with orchestra and telephones in all guest rooms.

The grounds of the Hotel were as awe-inspiring as the building itself, spanning 150 acres. The amenities included an 18-hole golf course, flower conservatory, tennis courts, croquet courts, boathouse, hunting and fishing grounds, stables, racetrack, kennels, exposition hall with Florida products on view, casino with 2000 seat auditorium, heated indoor swimming pool, bowling alley, spa facilities and card rooms, totaling 21 buildings in all.

After the death of Henry Plant, the building was bought by the city of Tampa in 1904. It continued to operate as a hotel until 1932. In 1933, the Tampa Municipal Museum was established in order to preserve the legacy of the Tampa Bay Hotel becoming the Henry B. Plant Museum in 1974.

Henry B. Plant Museum